Going All the Way – Jim Ruiz Set to appear at the Korda Showcase in the 2013. Mount Curve Avenue now available on CD.

Jim and Emily in London with vegetarian roast beef flavored crisps. Photo by Gail O'Hara

Jim and Emily in London with vegetarian roast-beef-flavored crisps. Photo by Gail O’Hara

As Charles Bukowski famously said, “if you are going to try, go all the way… .”  In the 2012 Jim Ruiz Set certainly went all the way, thanks to kind invitations from chickfactor supremo gail o’hara, to Brooklyn, Los Angeles and then to London.  And thanks to the Eternal Friends, the generosity of the Ford family, the production wizardry of Allen Clapp and assisted by a cast of our talented friends the JRS birthed Mount Curve Avenue, the best record this two bit troubadour has ever had the privilege to work on.

Not a band to rest upon our laurels, we will return to the stage in early 2013 on Saturday, January 12th as part of the Korda Showcase night at The Seventh Street Entry.  This time we will have our talented friend and special guest David Hamilton behind the Vox Continental organ to boost our jazzy edge, while Mike Crabtree returns to lend his own brand of trebly twang with his tasty guitar leads and equally compelling jazz licks.  Peter Robelia and Brian Tighe, on trumpet and guitar respectively, will also be on hand to recreate those magical sounds they contributed last summer to our recordings, so don’t miss it!

Speaking of Mount Curve Avenue, the record has now entered the physical realm – in CD form at least.  Last week we received the first run of product from the local pressing plant.  We will have these available for sale at our shows for a very reasonable price as yet to be decided.

Jim Ruiz Set wishes you and all the ones you love a very happy and prosperous 2013.  We hope that along with us “you will ride life to perfect laughter.”  As Hank said, “It’s the only good fight there is.”

About these ads
Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

Comments

• Johannes  On January 5, 2013 at 3:29 am

Hi there,
    I really need a copy of your new CD. Where can I buy one? I’m afraid I won’t be able to attend any if your shows – unless you decide to come and play some gigs in Germany!
    Best,
    J.

• The Legendary Jim Ruiz  On January 6, 2013 at 1:29 am

We were just on vacation in Amsterdam and Gent, we could have dropped one off for you! Oh, but they weren’t made then. I might get some german distribution – I’ll let you know either way. We are still figuring things out as we go along. Maybe we’ll play your town, you never know.

Jim

• Tim Natysin  On January 12, 2013 at 9:36 am

I just finished your article in the Star Tribune. I don’ t know your music, but I would like to check it out, with your new disc. I can’ t make it to your show (7th St Entry). Will the disc be on sale anywhere else? Hope your show goes well, by the way. Sincerely, Tim

• The Legendary Jim Ruiz  On January 16, 2013 at 9:23 pm

Tim, We just dropped a few of the items you mention at The Electric Fetus and Treehouse Records in Minneapolis Minnesota. Call ahead to make sure they are available.

Jim

• lenny gregoretti  On January 27, 2013 at 9:43 pm

I absolutely have to have a copy of MCA. The long wait for a new album has been excruciating. I love your music and still rue the day I couldn’t make it to a show you did in Toronto some 14-15yrs ago(I live outside of Buffalo). I would pay anything for a copy of your cd as I don’t forsee getting to see you live anytime soon. Please respond.

• The Legendary Jim Ruiz  On February 10, 2013 at 3:23 pm

Thanks Lenny!

We have made a few CDs for some local shops here in Minneapolis and to bring to shows. If you give me your email address I’m sure we can work out a way to get one to you.

Jim

• playbacksingers  On February 26, 2013 at 6:25 am

Hi,
    is there a place where we can order this CD online?
    Thanks

• Jean-Baptiste  On May 3, 2013 at 3:10 pm

Hi,

You can order copies at Electric Fetus records. I received mine yesterday.

• clintalloy  On June 12, 2013 at 12:19 am

hey, I would like to buy one of the new CDs off you too, I’m in Phiily…